The XV Ultimate Thriver provides golfers with the best of both worlds by generating driver distance with the control of a fairway wood from the tee.
• Thin, reactive face for high COR right up to the legal limit for more distance
• Shorter, more control length for solidness of contact
• Adjustable weighting to provide more fitting options
• Heavier weight head maximizes MOI and increases momentum into the ball
• Large, confidence building volume (460cc) and face height
What makes most golfers miss a fairway from the tee?
1. The Driving Club length is too long
and / or
2. The Driving Club is too lightweight
Drivers today are all increasingly longer in length and lighter weight than even a few years ago. Why? So one can potentially swing the club faster and have more leverage to hit the ball further. But that is only achievable is the ball is struck solidly in the center of the face that is square to the target. This is fine for a robot or a touring pro with a repeatable swing. For the average golfer it is a recipe for yet another missed fairway.
The XV Ultimate Thriver is a full 10 to 20 grams heavier than a normal driver to allow from anywhere between 1 to 2 inches shorter for a more controllable playing length that now has the proper amount of weight in their hands. The addition of the weight produces even greater forgiveness making this the ultimate in control off the tee. Plus with more weight in the head will transfer more momentum to the ball and establish a better swing tempo.
The XV Ultimate Thriver has a Power Chamber for better energy transfer, Gravity Port for fine-tuning swingweight and the CNC milled crown for better weight distribution.
Thriver has a loft (12°) which produces approximately the same launch angle as a standard weight 10.5° driver. This allows more roll out and total distance.