Acer XV Thriver Mini is a special shallow faced control club off a short tee as well as a club to use in the fairway when you need the maximum distance to reach a par 5 or long par 4.
This all-titanium clubhead has a very large footprint at address making this much more forgiving than a typical #3 wood.
Being all-titanium, there are two performance advantages. A very high concentration of weight was placed on the sole for more height than the loft would indicate. The thinner face produces a high-rebound surface similar to a modern 460cc driver providing incredible distance off the tee.
The shorter club length adds solidness of contact while the heavier weight head maximizes a higher moment of inertia (MOI).
A Power Chamber Sole Slot is located directly behind the club face for faster ball speed, especially on shots struck low on the face.
Right Hand Only
Head Volume: 221cc
Head Material: 6/4 Titanium
Face Material: 6/4 Cup Face Titanium
Finish: Matte Black PVD on crown, side skirt, sole, face; Orange accents
||Std. Club Length
Stand on flat surface and place your arms in a relaxed position by your sides. Measure from the wrist crease to the floor (as shown in the image).
WRIST TO FLOOR MEASUREMENT FOR INITIAL CLUB LENGTHS
|Wrist to Floor Measurement:
|27" - 29"
||- 1 1/2"
|29" - 32"
|32" - 34"
|34" - 36"
|36" - 37"
|37" - 38"
|38" - 39"
|39" - 40"
|40" - 41"
||+ 1 1/4"
||+ 1 1/4"
Normal Drive Distance
How Far Do Golfers Really Hit Drives
"I hit my drives 270 yards."
Hah! Maybe once, with the wind behind you, on a rock-hard fairway, when the ball bounced off a cart path and a squirrel advanced it an extra 10 yards. On no subject are golfers, especially male golfers, more deluded than on the distance they hit their drives.
Here are the brutal facts, accumulated by Dave Pelz over several years of monitoring thousands of players at amateur tournaments. He used the same ShotLink equipment used by the PGA Tour to determine that, in 2018, the world’s best players averaged 291 yards off the tee.
Male amateurs who score 100 + have average drives of 166 yards
Male amateurs who score 92 - 99 average 183 yards
Male amateurs who score 82 - 88 average 214 yards
Male amateurs who score low 70's average 235 yards.
As for actual yardage hit by golfers, you need to know that MOST golf courses do NOT measure the yardages correctly. Scorecard yardages are often 60 - 80 yards longer than what the hole really is.
Hands Shoulder Height or Lower
Hands Higher Than Shoulders
Wrist Cock Release Point on Downswing
1. Early Release means the downswing to the ball is started with the hands. Generally done by beginners or higher scoring players who score 90 +.
2. Midway Release means the downswing to the ball is started with some body movement before the hands start to uncock. Generally done by Intermediate Players who score 82 - 89.
3. Late Release means the downswing to the ball is started by weight shift in the legs, followed by the trunk of the body and finally the hands uncocking very near impact with the ball. Always done by advanced players who score 70 - 79.
Measure Hand (as shown in picture) before selecting the correct grip size
To assist our club fitting, email a video of your swing.
1. Using your phone or tablet, have a friend video your swing. Do at least 2 swings with one facing directly at you and the other from behind looking straight down the line of flight.
2. Attach the video to an email and send HERE
3. We will analyze your swing and send our recommendations for club specifications.