- Product Reviews
I recently made an Ultimate Thriver for myself and played it for the first time without hitting any balls on the range. It was absolutely incredible...not just hitting all the fairways, but hitting it exactly where I wanted on the fairway. And because the ball went dead straight, it actually went 15 - 20 yards longer which left me with a shot that was 2 clubs shorter than my previous driver. The Ultimate Thriver provides golfers with the best of both worlds by generating driver distance with the control of a fairway wood off of the tee.
What makes most golfers miss a fairway off of the tee? There are two reasons; one is the length is too long and the other it is too lightweight. Drivers today are all increasingly longer in length and lighter weight than even a few years ago. Why? So one can potentially swing the club faster and have more leverage to hit the ball further. But that is only achievable if the ball is struck solidly in the center of the face that is square to the target.
The XV Ultimate Thriver is a full 10 to 20 grams heavier than a normal driver to allow from anywhere between 1 to 2 inches shorter for a more controllable playing length that now has the proper amount of weight in their hands. The addition of the weight produces even greater forgiveness making this the ultimate in control off the tee. Plus having more weight in the head will transfer more momentum to the ball and establish a better swing tempo.
• Thin, reactive face for high COR right up to the legal limit for more distance
• Shorter, more control length for solidness of contact
• Adjustable weighting to provide more fitting options
• Heavier weight head maximizes Moment-of-Inertia and increases momentum into the ball
• Large, confidence building volume (460cc) and face height
• Loft angle produces approximately the same launch angle as a standard 10.5° driver